What is WeTech Goldman Sachs Global Scholarship?
Women Enhancing Technology (WeTech®) Goldman Sachs Global Scholarship and Mentorship Program, USA is inviting applications from female candidates from India who wish to excel in information, communication and technology (ICT). The selected scholars will be a part of a 6-month mentorship program to enable them to connect with professionals working in the field who can provide them with valuable advice, guidance and support as they enter into technical careers after graduation. Based on need, financial support of USD 1500 will also be provided.
Who is offering WeTech Goldman Sachs Global Scholarship?
The program is being organised in joint partnership by Institute of International Education (IIE) and Goldman Sachs.
Who can apply for WeTech Goldman Sachs Global Scholarship?
To be eligible, the applicant must be:
- A female candidate
- An Indian citizen
- Able to communicate in English
- A 2nd- or 3rd-year undergraduate student at a participating university
- Pursuing studies in engineering, computer science or other ICT related fields
- Able to demonstrate leadership potential (reference letters required)
- Willing and available to participate in a virtual mentorship for a period of six months
Note: The mentorship will be from April to September 2019.
What are the benefits of WeTech Goldman Sachs Global Scholarship?
A total of 45 students will be selected who will receive:
- A 6-month guided virtual mentorship that would involve advice, guidance and support during the transition from graduation to technical careers.
Additionally, based on financial need, a total of 10 scholars will be selected to receive:
- A scholarship worth USD 1500
Note: The financial award may be used to cover fees associated with a student’s academic course of study and is not strictly limited to tuition.
How can you apply for WeTech Goldman Sachs Global Scholarship?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Visit the web link here.
Step 2: Provide the required details including contact details and educational qualification.
Step 3: Upload the necessary documents including the letters of reference.
Step 4: Submit the application.
What are the documents required for WeTech Goldman Sachs Global Scholarship?
- Reference letters
- CV or resume
- University transcript
What are the selection criteria of WeTech Goldman Sachs Global Scholarship?
Students will be selected keeping in mind the following criteria-
- An excellent record of academic achievement (GPA)
- Leadership qualities demonstrated through work experience, volunteer experience, community and academic activities
- Contribution to coding clubs or associations on campus
- Participation in campus‐run coding competitions
- Openness to a mentoring opportunity from an expert in a tech‐related field
- Accomplishment of relevant projects and research
- Participation in inter/intra‐college technology festivals
What are the important dates of WeTech Goldman Sachs Global Scholarship?
- November 30, 2018: Online application opens
- January 31, 2019: Application deadline
- February 15, 2019: Letters of Recommendation deadline
- Late March 2019: Scholarship and mentorship winners announced
Find FAQs in the documents section below.
Terms and Conditions of WeTech Goldman Sachs Global Scholarship
- Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan
- Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Pune
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW), Delhi
- PESIT, Bengaluru
- Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (RVCE), Bengaluru
- Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR
- IIT Hyderabad