In this blog, AISEE– a national merit-based scholarship platform that provides the scholarship for engineering and medical scholarships for students in India, gives you complete details about The Ian Parry Scholarship 2019 for Young Photographers. Find out the eligibility, benefits of the scholarship, how to apply, terms and conditions and more.
About The Ian Parry Scholarship 2019:
Ian Parry Organisation is offering this scholarship with the generous support received in the form of donations from Canon Europe, The Sunday Times, The Incite Project and Verbatim. The Ian Parry Organisation is inviting entries from young photographers under the age of 24 years for the Ian Parry Scholarship 2019. The scholarship is supported by the generous donations from The Sunday Times, Canon Europe, The Incite Project and Verbatim.
The Ian Parry Scholarship for this year is divided into two categories namely, the Sunday Times Award for Achievement and the Canon Award for Potential. The entry criteria for both is the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits of the entries. The winners receive USD 3,500 towards their chosen project and other additional benefits.
Ian Parry Scholarship 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a young photographer who is attending a full-time photographic course, OR
- Be under the age of 24 years.
Awards and benefits:
The scholarship includes the following benefits –
- USD 3,500 towards the project chosen
- Scholarship and loans supported by Canon Europe for the equipment
- The winner of the Canon Award for Potential gets a year-long personal mentorship programme by former winner Jonas Bendiksen.
- The winner of The Canon Award for Potential also has the opportunity to take part in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- Canon will provide scholarship and loans equipment to the winners.
- The winner of Achievement Award gets automatically accepted by the World Press Photo in its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
- The work of the winners also appears in the Sunday Times magazine.
How to apply for The Ian Parry Scholarship 2019?
Follow the steps to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Visit the official application link and read all the necessary information.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Submit‘ button and create an account.
Step 3: Once the account is created, sign in using the registered email id and password.
Step 4: Fill in the form with personal and work details.
Step 5: Upload required documents (Note: Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship).
Step 6: Submit the form.
Documents required for The Ian Parry Scholarship 2019:
- A covering letter comprising details like applicant’s name, date of birth, permanent address, personal email address, etc.
- A detailed project proposal explaining the proposed project and outlining what USD 3,500 would enable them to shoot.
- A portfolio of 12 photographs (low resolution), either a photo essay or individual photos.
- Extended captions for each image as a word document.
Ian Parry Scholarship 2019 Important dates:
Entries must be received by the 5th of July 2019.