About SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2019:
The Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), a statutory body set-up through the Science and Engineering Research Board Act 2008 of the Parliament, Government of India provides National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) 2019 for post-doctoral applicants. The fellowship aims to support talented and motivated young researchers by providing them assistance for conducting research in frontier areas of science and engineering. The fellows have the opportunity to win up to INR 2 lakhs as research grant and other benefits.
SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The following are eligible to apply for the fellowship program:
- Must be an Indian citizen
- Must have obtained PhD/M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University
- Should not be older than 35 years of age at the time of application
Note: Age relaxation of 5 years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates.
- N-PDF can be availed only once by a candidate in his/her career.
- The mentor must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized institution in India. He/she should hold a PhD degree in Science or Engineering.
Note: Applicants who have submitted their PhD/M.D/M.S thesis and are awaiting award of the degree are also eligible to apply. However, such candidates, if selected, will be offered lower fellowship amount till they qualify the eligible degree.
SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2019 Awards and benefits:
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Monthly consolidated stipend of INR 55,000
- Monthly consolidated stipend of INR 35,000 (for candidates who have submitted the thesis but the degree has not been awarded)
- Research Grant of INR 2 lakhs per annum
- Overheads of INR 1 lakh per annum
How to apply for SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2019?
Follow the below steps to apply:
Step 1: Visit the following link to register for N-PDF.
Step 2: After logging in, proceed to fill in the application form by providing profile details.
Step 3: Fill in all the required details and upload the documents as a single PDF file.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Documents required for the SERB NPDF 2019:
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- Age proof certificate
- Qualification certificate
- Category certificate (in case of age relaxation)
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant
- Endorsement Certificate from the mentor and the host institute
- CV of mentor
SERB National Post Doctoral Fellowship 2019 Selection criteria:
- The application form of the candidates along with their research proposal should be submitted on the official fellowship page.
- The applicant must identify a suitable Mentor under whom the proposed research would be carried out.
- The selection of the applicant will be based on the recommendations made by an Expert Committee that will be constituted by the Board.
- If required, the applicants may be called in for a personal interview.
SERB NPDF 2019 Important dates:
NPDF schedule: From 1 May 2019 to 30 May 2019
Terms and Conditions
- The research grant can be used by the applicant for minor equipment, consumables, contingencies and domestic travel.
- There is no extra provision for manpower support under this scheme.
- The Fellow is expected to undertake the research objectives by himself/herself during the entire duration of the fellowship.
- The fellows are not eligible to receive any other fellowship from any source during the tenure of the fellowship.
- The fellows must seek the consent of the SERB if they intend to be away from the implementing institute (except for field work related to the project) continuously for a period of more than 8 weeks.
- The fellows will not be allowed to work with the PhD guide/co-guide. It is also normally not availed at the same Department/Institution where the candidates have earned their PhD/M.S/M.D degree.
- The fellowship is purely a temporary assignment tenable for a period of 2 years.
For more information, click here.
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor,
Vasant Square Mall,
Sector-B, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj,
New Delhi – 110 070Phone: 011–40000398