About Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship For Girls 2019:
Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation (S-ILF) is inviting applications from girl students residing in self-settled leprosy colonies who wish to pursue nursing studies. Under the Nursing Scholarship For Girls 2019, students can avail maximum financial support of up to INR 88,000. The scholarship is available only for Institutes recognised by the Indian Nursing Council.
Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship For Girls 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a girl student interested in pursuing B.Sc Nursing (Basic) or General Nursing and Mid Wifery (GNM) course
- Have one parent who has leprosy and must be residing in a self-settled leprosy colony
- Be a first-year applicant beginning her studies in the academic year 2019-20
- Have passed Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
- Not be less than 17 years of age at the time of application
Note: Students who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Awards and benefits:
The scholarship offered by S-ILF covers the following:
- Tuition fees, admission fee, mess fee and boarding/hostel expenses
- Financial support up to a maximum of INR 88,000 for one student
- A monthly stipend of INR 1000 to each candidate
Note: The amount will be paid directly to the institute.
How to apply for the Sasakawa Foundation Nursing Scholarship For Girls 2019?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Visit the link here and download the application form.
Step 2: Provide personal and academic details.
Step 3: Fill the annexures and attach the required documents.
Step 4: Send the application along with documents to the address below:
Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation
2nd Floor, IETE Building,
2, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
Documents required for the Sasakawa Foundation Nursing Scholarship For Girls 2019:
The following documents should be attached with the application:
- Three passport size photographs
- Self-attested copies of Birth certificate or proof of date of birth
- Self-attested copies of mark sheets of the Class 10th and 12th
- Leprosy certificate of parents (or treatment certificate)
- Admission letter or Annexure-I
- Reference letter from the colony leader or Annexure-II
Selection criteria for Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation Nursing Scholarship For Girls 2019
The selection of the candidates will take place in the following manner:
- All eligible candidates will be listed in the order of the set criteria of merit in the last Board examination.
- The selection committee will select top 10/15 candidates for the scholarship.
- In case, a candidate decides not to avail of scholarship, the candidate next in line will be eligible to avail of the scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
- No capitation fee will be paid for admission.
- From a single family, only one individual can avail the scholarship.
- Those availing scholarship from other organisations will not be considered for this scholarship.
- The application forms can also be received from the State Leaders of Association of People affected with Leprosy (APAL).
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- As proof of leprosy, no photograph will be accepted.
- The application will not be considered complete without the verification of the state leader.
- The candidates selected for the scholarship should display high performance, regular attendance and a dedication to learning.
Find more details here.