What is Royal Society Newton International Scholarship 2019?
Royal Society Newton International Scholarship 2019 inviting applications from early-stage postdoctoral researchers from all over the world to work at UK research institutions for a period of 2 years. The selected fellows will receive funding of GBP 24,000per annum along with other benefits. The scheme is jointly run by the British Academy, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the Royal Society. The Royal Society’s remit covers the natural and physical sciences, including biological research, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and physics.
Who is offering Royal Society Newton International Scholarship?
The Royal Society, British Academy and the Academy of Medical Sciences are jointly offering this scholarship.
Who can apply for Royal Society Newton International Scholarship?
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Have a PhD, or must secure a PhD by the time the funding starts
- Have no more than 7 years of active full-time postdoctoral experience at the time of application (discounting career breaks but including teaching experience and/or time spent in industry)
- Be working outside the UK
- Not hold UK citizenship
- Be competent in oral and written English
- Have a clearly defined and mutually-beneficial research proposal agreed with a UK host scientist
What are the benefits of Royal Society Newton International Scholarship?
The selected fellows will receive the following awards:
- Funding worth GBP 24,000 per annum for subsistence costs, and up to GBP 8000 per annum research expenses
- A one-off payment of up to GBP 3000 for relocation expenses
- Awards include a contribution to the overheads incurred, at a rate of 50% of the total award to the visiting researcher
- GBP 6000 annually following the tenure of their fellowship to support networking activities with UK-based researchers
How can you apply for Royal Society Newton International Scholarship?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Visit the official website and register with name and email ID.
Step 2: Select “Newton International Fellowship” and click “Start”.
Step 3: Applicant can access the application dashboard and can download the PDF form.
Step 4: Provide information on eligibility, contact details, lead applicant career summary etc
Step 5: Provide information on UK Co-applicant career summary etc.
Step 6: Provide detailed SOP and other details.
Step 7: Submit the application form.
Note: Applications are initially reviewed by two members of the Newton International Fellowships panel and then shortlisted. The applications are then reviewed again by the panel and the final decision is made.