In this blog, AISEE– a platform that provides scholarship for engineering and medical scholarships for students in India, gives you complete details about Rotary Peace Fellowships 2019. Find out the eligibility, awards, and benefits, how to apply, documents required, terms and conditions and more.
About Rotary Peace Fellowships 2019:
The Rotary Foundation, United States offers the Rotary Peace Fellowships for leaders with work experience in peace and development. The fellowship aims at promoting peace and does that through academic training, global networking opportunities and practice. The selected candidates receive training at Rotary Peace Centers where they develop into experienced and effective catalysts for peace. The Rotary Foundation awards 50 fellowships for master’s degrees and 50 fellowships for certificate studies at premier universities which benefit leaders around the world each year.
Rotary Peace Fellowships 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The following applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship program:
- Should be proficient in English
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- Should have professional and academic achievements and personal or community service associated with international peace and understanding
- Possess outstanding leadership qualities
Note: The Master’s degree applicants must have Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of related volunteer or professional experience and the certificate applicant must have a strong academic background with at least 5 years of related volunteer or professional experience.
Students can check if they’re eligible by taking the eligibility test.
Awards and benefits:
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits:
- For Master’s degree fellows:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Room and board
- Travel to and from the peace center
- AFE experiences, conferences and research
- For professional certificate program fellows:
- Funding for expenses related to tuition
- An on-campus accommodation
- Course materials
- Travel to and from the peace center
- Field study experiences
How to apply for Rotary Peace Fellowships 2019?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click here to register.
Step 2: Fill in all the details and submit.
Step 3: Wait for an email from the foundation containing the login credentials.
Step 4: Log in with the email and password.
Step 5: Fill in the application form with the relevant details.
Step 6: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 7: Submit the application.
Note: Go through the application guidelines and eligibility requirements before applying online and after filling the online application, inform the local rotary district about the application and request an interview.
Documents required for the Rotary Peace Fellowships 2019:
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- An updated copy of the Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Academic transcripts
- GRE (If applicable)
- District endorsement
Rotary Peace Fellowships 2019 Important Dates:
- Submit your online application to your district by 31 May.
- Complete an interview with district representatives. Districts must submit endorsements to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July.
- Await notice of the selection results in November.
- Apply for admission to the university where your Peace Center is located. Being selected for the fellowship does not mean you have been admitted to the university.
Terms and Conditions
- The applicants are requested to be aware that fellowship funds will not be provided to cover the expenses of any persons accompanying the fellow. It is not permissible to use funding from The Rotary Foundation to support anyone other than the fellow.
- If the applicant is applying for the Master’s degree program, he/she will be asked to rank his/her top 2 centres in the order of preference.
- Upon selection and receiving the notification, the shortlisted applicants must apply for admission at their designated university as dictated in the Assignment Letter.
- The fellowship will be nullified if a selected applicant is unable to gain admission at a university.
- Applicants with disabilities are eligible for Rotary Foundation awards and are encouraged to apply.
- Full-time work is defined as working more than 30 hours per week in one position. This can be paid or unpaid and does not need to be in consecutive years.
For more information, click here.