In this blog, AISEE– a platform that provides scholarship for engineering and medical scholarships for students in India, gives you complete details about the Pramerica Spirit of Community Awards. Find out the eligibility, awards, and benefits, how to apply, documents required, terms and conditions and more.
About the Pramerica Spirit of Community Awards:
Pramerica invites applications from students of Class 6 to 12 (either individuals or in groups) for The Pramerica Spirit of Community Awards 2019. The key objective of the award is to recognize students at the school level for volunteer community services.
To be eligible for the award, an applicant must –
- Be a student of class 6 to 12.
- Have been involved either partly or fully in a volunteer activity.
- Be an individual or a group (For group entry, the maximum number of participants should be 5).
- Be certified by either the school principal or the parents.
Awards and benefits:
For Individual Applicants
- Out of the 46 shortlisted students, the top 16 (8 from each category – class 6 to 8 category and class 9 to 12 category) will be presented with Certificates of Achievement and silver medallions.
- These individual finalists will also be invited for a gala felicitation event in Delhi accompanied by a parent/guardian and their school principal/teacher.
- 30 runner-ups (15 from each category) will receive Certificates of Merit and bronze medallions.
- 2 National Honourees will receive Certificates of Excellence, gold medallions, INR 50,000 each and an all-expenses-paid return trip to Washington, D.C.
- Trophies will be presented to their school principals.
Group Category Applicants
- From all the applications received, 10 groups will be shortlisted for formal recognition.
- The top 3 teams will be presented with Certificates of Achievement and silver medallions.
- All the group members will also be invited for a gala felicitation event in Delhi accompanied by their school principal/ group teacher or a parent representative.
- 7 runner-up teams will receive Certificates of Merit and bronze medallions.
- All the students of 1 winning group will receive Certificates of Excellence, gold medallions and INR 50,000 to be shared amongst the team.
- A trophy will be presented to their school principal.
How to apply for Pramerica Spirit of Community Awards?
Eligible candidates can apply for the awards both online and offline through the following steps –
Step 1: Visit the official website and click on ‘How to Apply’.
Step 2: Click on ‘Click here to Apply’ and Register yourself.
Step 3: Fill in all necessary information in the application form.
Step 4: Get the form certified by the School Principal or one of the parents either by E-mailing the application form to them for online certification or by just taking out the print out and getting it signed by them.
Step 5: If taking the print out, the applicants can either email the scanned copy of the certified application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OR send it to the given address –
The Pramerica Spirit of Community Awards-India
L.G.F, C.L. House – T95 A,
Gulmohar Park Commercial Complex,
Offline application –
Step 1: Download application form from the official website
Step 2: Fill in all the required details.
Step 3: Get it certified by either the School Principal or one of the parents.
Step 4: Follow the same Step 4 as in Online Application.
Note: In case, the applicants have also worked with an NGO, they also have to get the application form endorsed by the Project Coordinator of the NGO.
- All the individual/group entries will be ranked on a total of 100 points.
- The selection will be on the basis of the written application form, followed by an interview round of the 16 individual and 3 group finalists.
- An eminent jury panel will conduct the interviews in Delhi.
- The judges will analyze the participants on the parameters of inspiration, impact, effort, commitment, and personal growth.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Participant should be an Indian citizen and should be a valid passport holder to be a legal claimant of the Prize.
- Persons must participate in the Event on their own behalf and entries by proxy will not be accepted.