What is Post-Matric Scholarship to VJNT Students?
The Department of Social Justice & Special Assistance, Government of Maharashtra invites applications for Post-Matric Scholarship to VJNT Students from students belonging to Vimukta Jatis and Nomadic Tribes. The scholarship aims to encourage the VJNT students to undergo post-matric courses.
Who can apply for Post-Matric Scholarship to VJNT Students?
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must:
- Not have parents’/guardian’s annual income more than INR 1 lakh.
- Not be engaged in full-time employment.
- Not be a repeater for that standard. After passing, he/she is eligible for the higher standard.
- Not accept another scholarship/stipend after availing this scheme.
Note: All children of the same parents are eligible for the scholarship.
How can you apply for Post-Matric Scholarship to VJNT Students?
To apply for the scholarship, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the website https:\\mahaeschol.maharashtra.gov.in.
- Fill in the application form.
- Upload all the necessary documents.
- Then, submit it to the concerned college.
Note: Online application is to be filled for the first year of that course only. From 1st year to completion of the course, the application is renewed by concerned college and forwarded to concerned Asstt. Comm. Social Welfare for sanction.
Terms and Conditions of Post-Matric Scholarship to VJNT Students
INR 90 to INR 190 maintenance allowance per month will be given to the eligible VJNT students who live in hostels and INR 150 to INR 425 per month to VJNT day scholar students. In addition to this, all fees which are compulsorily payable by the students to the institutions will also be paid under the scheme.