In this blog, AISEE– a platform that provides scholarship for engineering and medical scholarships for students in India, gives you complete details about Logo Design Contest for National Biodiversity Authority 2019. Find out the Eligibility criteria, awards and benefits, how to apply, terms and conditions and more.
Logo Design Contest for National Biodiversity Authority 2019 is inviting applications for the logo contest organized by National Biodiversity Authority. The best logo shall be used as a mark on products to certify that the manufacturer has complied with ‘Access and Benefit Sharing’ (ABS) obligations under the Indian law.
About National Biodiversity Authority:
National Biodiversity Authority (NBA), a statutory body under Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change performs facilitative, regulatory and advisory functions for the Government of India on issues of conservation, sustainable use of biological resources and fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising out of the use of biological resources.
Eligibility Criteria for Logo Design Contest:
Indian citizens as individuals or teams will be eligible to apply for the logo contest.
Awards & Benefits of Logo Design Contest:
The winner will receive prize money worth INR 50,000.
How to Apply for Logo Design Contest?
Follow the steps below to apply for the logo contest:
Step 1: Visit the Official website and log in using the existing account or register as a new user.
Step 2: Then visit the task page and click on ‘Do this task now’.
Step 3: Upload a soft copy of the logo (image/pdf).
Step 4: Submit the logo on the website.
Selection Criteria for Logo Design Contest:
The best logo will be judged on the basis of elements of creativity, originality, composition, technical excellence, simplicity, artistic merit and visual impact and how well they communicate the theme of NBA.
Deadline to submit the logo online is 21st January, 2019 till 06.00PM.
Terms and Conditions:
Concept and design of the logo should adhere to the following criteria:
- The mark should be distinctive and convey the three objectives of the Biological Diversity namely- conservation of biological diversity, sustainable use of its components and fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising out of its utilization.
- The mark shall dignify the concept of ‘Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS)’ which denotes the equitable sharing of benefits by the users (Companies/Institutions/Industry) to the providers (Communities/Farmers/Traditional Knowledge Holders) of biological resources.
- The mark can be used by companies to advertise that their product is based on a biological resource and/or associated knowledge from India.
- The mark will be certifying that the particular product on which it is affixed is complying with ‘Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS)’.
- Consumers can choose products with this mark and can be assured that the product was manufactured using biological resources.
Terms and conditions regarding Logo Design Contest:
- The prize money will be payable only after deducting TDS.
- Any legal proceedings arising out of the competition/its entries/winners shall be subject to local jurisdiction of Chennai only.
- The logo should be submitted in JPG, PDF or PNG format.
- The size of the logo may vary from 5cm*5cm to 60cm*60cm in either portrait or landscape.The winner of the competition shall be required to submit the design in an open file format (EPS/CDR/PSD).
- The logo file should be at least 300 per inch at 100% size.Entries should not be submitted in compressed or self-extracting formats.
- The winner will be declared through email or by way of announcing his / her name on the MyGov blog page.
- The participant should make sure that his/her MyGov profile is accurate and updated for further communication.
- The logo design must be original, distinctive and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957 or the Intellectual Property Rights.
- All entries should be accompanied by a brief written explanation of the Logo and how best it encapsulates its essence.
For more details Click Here.