Kerala State Merit Scholarship is awarded to meritorious students for the first year of the Under Graduate and Post Graduate Programmes in Government/ Aided Arts and Science Colleges and University Departments. The scholarship is funded by the Higher Education Department, ie. Directorate of Collegiate Education (DCE) of the Government of Kerala.
Kerala State Merit Scholarship
- Any Subject
- UG/ PG
- Directorate of Collegiate Education (DCE), Government of Kerala
- Meritorious Students in Kerala
Kerala State Merit Scholarship Rate
A total of 300 scholarships will be given to under graduate students and 150 to post graduate students.
The Kerala State Merit Scholarship amount is
- Graduation : Rs 1250/- per annum
- Post Graduation : Rs 1500/- per annum
Kerala State Merit Scholarship Eligibility
The candidates must have the following Criteria to apply for the Kerala Scholarship Merit Scholarship :
- Should be a permanent resident of Kerala state.
- Should be a first year student of Under Graduate or Post Graduate Course
- Should be studying in Govt/ Aided colleges or University Departments
- Should have scored more than 50% marks in the qualifying Examination.
- In the case of Post Graduate students, they should have scored at least 50% marks in Main and Subsidiary together.
The annual income of parents should not exceed Rs.1,00,000/-.
However, the top six students of the Arts courses, top six of the Science courses and top three of the commerce courses based on merit, of the Post inter stage (BA/B.Sc/B.Com) and the top one student each of the three categories of the Post Graduate Courses based on merit will be awarded scholarship irrespective of the family income.
The scholarship is offered for the duration of one year. It shall be renewed on a year-to-year basis till the successful completion of the course according to the notification.
Kerala State Merit Scholarship Application Procedure
Applications can be submitted online through Department of Collegiate Education (DCE) official website.
Scholarship amount will be credited to the Bank Account of the candidates selected. So Applicant should have a Bank Account in his/her name in any one of State Bank of India, State Bank of Travancore, South Indian Bank or Federal Bank.
Kerala State Merit Scholarship Contact Details
The Special Officer Scholarships,
Directorate of Collegiate Education,
6th Floor, Vikas Bhavan,