Kerala Social Security Mission -a charitable Society Sponsored by Social Justice Department, Government of Kerala provides Snehapoorvam Scholarship to provide financial assistance to Orphans who are studying in class I to XII and Degree Courses /Professional Degree who are living in the family, with their relatives, friends, or the support of the community under the Social Welfare Department implemented through Social Security Mission. The Kerala Social Security Mission Shehapoorvam Scholarship mission has initiated the project that aims at bringing these children to the mainstream of the society.
Kerala Social Security Mission Shehapoorvam Scholarship
- Class I to XII and Degree Courses /Professional Degree
- School /College Level
- Kerala Social Security Mission
- Orphans who are studying in class I to XII and Degree Courses /Professional Degree
Objectives of the Kerala Social Security Mission Shehapoorvam Scholarship
- To identify the orphaned children in the community
- To assess and prioritize children in the greatest need
- To provide social protection to highly vulnerable groups of orphans by strengthening traditional family and community systems for protecting and absorbing orphans
- To improve the basic education, social integration and nutrition of the most vulnerable groups of orphans towards the levels of other children in the community
- To encourage families to live their children within the family set up rather than sending them to orphanages
- To extend a helping hand to these orphan’s families by way of providing financial assistance to the education of children
Kerala Social Security Mission Shehapoorvam Scholarship Amount
Children below 5 years and class I to V: Rs.300/pm
For class VI to class X: Rs 500/pm
For class XI and class XII: Rs 750/pm
For Degree Courses /Professional Degree: 1000/pm
Eligibility for Kerala Social Security Mission Shehapoorvam Scholarship
- Children who have lost either father or mother or both
- Students from first standard to degree classes
- Children below 5 years
- Children who belongs to BPL category
- For children belonging to APL category, annual income should be below Rs. 20,000 in rural areas (Local body / Grama Panchayat) and Rs. 22,375 in urban areas (Corporation / Municipality)
Kerala Social Security Mission Shehapoorvam Scholarship Application Procedure
Children can download the application form from the wesite http://socialsecuritymission.gov.in/images/applications/kssm_web_application_instritutionreg_manual.pdf
Children below 5 yrs. can directly apply to Executive Director, Kerala Social Security Mission through the respective child welfare committees.
Children above 5 years old should apply online in http://kssm.ikm.in/startlogin.htm by school / college.
The head of institution will verify and submit the application through online portal to Executive Director, Kerala Social Security Mission.
The application with necessary documents should be submitted to the head of Aided/Govt. institutions (School and Colleges) before 31st October of every year.
Check Out: GK Questions of Rajasthan
Documents Required for Kerala Social Security Mission Shehapoorvam Scholarship
- Attested copy of parent’s death certificate.
- Attested copy of BPL certificate / BPL ration card copy / Income certificate issued by the Village Officer.
- Nationalized bank pass book copy. It should be a joint account in the name of guardian and beneficiary.
- Attested copy of Aadhaar card / confirmation slip received after Aadhaar card registration
For more details, please mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerala Social Security Mission Shehapoorvam Scholarship Contact Details
Kerala Social Security Mission
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695012,
Phone No.: 0471-2341200, 2346016
Fax : 0471-2346016