Islamic Development Bank (IDB), Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, introduced its Islamic Development Bank Scholarship program in many countries including India in the year of 1983 with a view to promote professional education among Muslim community. The objective of the program is to provide opportunities for the academically meritorious and financially needy students to pursue studies in professional degree courses in the approved areas in order to become competent professionals with dedication and commitment to the development of the community and the country. The IDB Scholarship Program is more than just a scholarship program in the traditional sense, i.e. as a straight financial assistance to needy and qualified students.
Islamic Development Bank Scholarship
- Professional Courses
- UG Scholarship
- Islamic Development Bank (IDB), Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Muslim Community on all India basis
The Islamic Development Bank Scholarship is an interest-free loan to students. It covers cost of living, clothing, books, tuition fees. Recipients are therefore required to refund the scholarship in easy installments after expiry of one year of the completion of graduation or after settling down in profession whichever is earlier. This is necessary because the scholarship is a grant from the Bank to the local community to enable it to sustain into the future to benefit deserving students to enjoy the same educational opportunity.
Approved Areas of Study
Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Medicine (All branches including Ayurveda, Unani & Homeopathy) Dentistry, Pharmacy, Veterinary Science, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Lab Technician, Bio-Technology and Microbiology, Engineering (all branches) Agriculture, Fisheries, Forestry, Food Technology, Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Law
Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Eligibility :
The scholarship is open to students who are meritorious but financially needy and have passed SSC (10+2) examination and are desirous of pursuing undergraduate professional studies in one of the fields of study approved under the program.
The Master Degree Courses and the students going abroad for study do not fall within the purview of this program . Students joining Degree Courses after Diploma will not be considered for scholarship
To qualify for scholarships, students should meet the following requirements :
- Must have secured minimum 60% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics in SSC (10+2) examination except for students from Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamilnadu who should have 70% in the aggregate in above four subjects.
- Applicants for admission to BBA + MBA (integrated course) 4 / 5 years and LAW should
have scored minimum 60% marks in English and optional/elective subjects in SSC (10+2)
- Age not over 24 years and not in receipt of any other scholarship.
- Only if the students or their parents are financially weak and unable to pay for his/ her education. Students opting for payment seats need not apply.
- Students benefiting from this scholarship must undertake to serve their community and country on completion of their studies.
Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Application Procedure :
- Application must be in typed form or written clearly with ink in block letters and TWO sets be prepared with all supporting documents.
- All information must be provided in English. Please attach certified translation of any document not in English.
- All information requested must be provided ; otherwise processing of the application may be delayed or may not be processed.
- Indicate your State of Domicile: viz Assam, Bihar, Tamil Nadu etc on the the top of the Application Form
Original Application Form duly completed along with a duplicate copy with all required documents should be submitted to: The Chairman , Muslim Education Trust, E-3, Abul Fazl Enclave, Jamia Nagar,New Delhi-110025
Documents Required for Islamic Development Bank Scholarship:
1. Attested copies of the HSC (Class X) & SSC (10+2) Mark sheets and Certificates.
2. Attested copy of Birth Certificate if not mentioned in Xth class documents.
3. Copy of the Fee deposit receipt issued from the College/Institution as Proof of date of admission
4. Income certificate/ Pay slip of Father/Guardian.
5. Two passport size photographs (35mm x 35mm) with name & state on its back side in a transparent plastic pouch.
6. Two self-addressed envelopes of 9 inches x 4 inches size with Rs.22/= postage affixed on it.
Note: If not admitted at the time of the submission of the application form applicants will have to submit the proof of admission immediately to The MET office Delhi after securing admission mentioning State of Domicile and Reference No. issued from the office.
- The Counterpart Organization announces the Programme in the country and invites applications from potential candidates who fulfill the criteria of the Programme.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee (SSC) conducts the interviews of eligible candidates and recommends them through the Counterpart Organization to the IDB.
- The IDB makes the final selection and informs the Counterpart Organizations.
Guidance and Counseling Activities :
Guidance and Counseling Program is an integral part of the IDB Scholarship Program. The aim of the IDB is not only to assist scholars for pursuing professional studies but also to develop their personality and professional skills by arranging various programs so that the scholars may become Committed Muslims and Competent Professionals and be able to serve the Community and the country.
Therefore, in order to assist MET in implementing the Guidance and Counseling Activities, twelve Honorary Students Counselors (HSCs) in 12 regions and one Sr. HSC to supervise and coordinate the activities of all HSCs have been appointed. It is therefore necessary for the students selected under the program to remain in touch with the HSC of their respective zone and comply with his instructions. Non-cooperative attitude with the Guidance and Counseling Activities may result in suspension or cancellation of the scholarship.
Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Important Notes
- Candidates invited for Interview are required to show their call letter & original certificates at the time of the interview. Students coming without call letter will not be allowed for interview, No TA is given.
- Giving false information may result in either cancellation of already approved application or termination of scholarship.
- As and when, the change in your mailing address occurs, MET should be informed immediately for quick and timely communication. In case, change in address is not informed or proper and complete address for correspondence at the Town/City of the study is not provided, MET will not be responsible for delay in delivery of letters or missing in post by any reason.
- If you have any query regarding the Scholarship Program please contact at the 011-26941028
Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Contact Details :
The Chairman , Muslim Education Trust
E-3, Abul Fazl Enclave, Jamia Nagar,New Delhi-110025
Tel: 011-26957004, 26941354