Wellcome Trust/ DBT India Alliance provides Intermediate Scholarship for Basic Biomedical Researchers in India. This Fellowship will provide a unique opportunity for the excellent scientists who wish to undertake high-quality research and to establish themselves as independent researchers in an academic institution in India.
Intermediate Scholarship for Basic Biomedical Researchers
- Intermediate Fellowship
- Wellcome Trust/ DBT India Alliance
- Biomedical Researchers in India
The proposed research should fall within the India Alliance’s remit which is to support biomedical research that is relevant to human and animal welfare.
The Intermediate Scholarship for Basic Biomedical Researchers is for Five years‚ and provides:
- Fellow’s personal support
- Research expenses, including research assistance if required (normally funding for two research staff may be requested; requests for additional research staff may be considered where field work or clinical studies are proposed).
- Additional allowances for scientifically justified visits (International training and travel )of up to one year to to an external laboratory either in India or abroad.
The total award for an Intermediate Fellowship typically includes the costs requested by the applicant as well as the set contributions by the India Alliance. For further details, see costing policies. Costs requested by the applicant must commensurate with their research proposal and should be fully justified in the full application. Inadequate justifications may result in costs being revised.
Time permitted for non-research related activity during the fellowship is normally restricted to a maximum of eight hours each week.
It is not mandatory for the clinician and public health researchers to have a PhD in order to apply to the Fellowships. Their research experience and qualifications are used by the office to advise on the eligibility.
- Applicants should normally have between four to seven years of post-PhD research experience who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing a cutting edge research and wish to establish their own independent research.
- basic science/veterinary researchers with 4 -15 years of post-PhD research experience
- Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme suitable for them based on their qualification, research experience, career trajectory and track record
Please refer to the provisions and mandate of the schemes for assessing your eligibility.
Applicants for IA Fellowship must submit their applications via the IASys online system.
The India Alliance uses an new online grant application system called IASys (India Alliance System). For all competitions, both the Preliminary applications and Full applications must be submitted using this system. The system provides workflow to steer the application through the Lead Applicant and Sponsor/Fellowship Supervisor; in addition, it allows the lead applicant to add Collaborator(s), Mentor(s) and External Sponsor(s), as applicable.
If you have not applied for funding using IASys before, please refer to IASys user guide to understand the details (this will include your personal details, which will be downloaded onto future application forms) : http://www.wellcomedbt.org/about-iasys
The benefits of our online application system IASys include:
• better functionality
• clear sign-off process through secondary applicants
• greater efficiency
• helping us to capture management information (useful for us and useful for you).
How to register for Scholarship
Applicants can register with IASys through the log-in page.
Details of the Application process for Applicants are provided in the website http://www.wellcomedbt.org/application-process
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance
H.No 8-2-684/3/K/19‚ 1st Floor‚ Kaushik
Society Road No. 12‚ Banjara Hills
India 500 034
Phones: 91 040 4018 9445 / 6 / 7
Fax: 91 040 4018 9449