Indian National Trust or Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH) provides INTACH Scholarship for Research and Capacity Building Grants. Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to conservation and preservation of India’s natural, cultural, living, tangible and intangible heritage.
- Heritage conservation
- Indian National Trust or Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH)
- Indian students for Research and Capacity Building Grants and for UK professionals to support conservation work, study or research in India
INTACH launched a major International Research INTACH Scholarship Program under three categories:
- INTACH UK Scholarships – to enable UK citizens to travel to India and to follow in India any course of conservation study/research which will be beneficial to either or both countries
- INTACH Research Grants – to support advanced research in the field of heritage conservation in India
- INTACH Capacity Building Grants – to support its staff and members towards building their capacities as individual professionals, or the Chapter or Division within which they are working.
INTACH Scholarship can be for a specific discipline in the Humanities (with a preference for archaeology, ancient Indian art, architecture, conservation studies, cultural geography, cultural history, numismatics, museum studies, intangible cultural heritage and scientific application to the humanities).
The grants are offered to individuals who wish to undertake advanced and inter-disciplinary research that demonstrates potential impact on conservation philosophy, practice or policy; aims to advance knowledge and understanding of heritage conservation; or contribute to a critical and creative thinking in this field.
INTACH Scholarship Description :
Grants are offered up to a maximum of Rs.300000
The selected applicants can also be provided capacity building support up to Rs.100000
Grants may be paid towards the cost of travel within India, modest subsistence allowance and in some circumstances payment of fees or expenses to approved institutions
On completion of the research, the successful candidates have to submit a report on the outcomes of their research and study visit to INTACH
INTACH Scholarship Eligibility Criteria :
- Nationality: Indian and should be a domicile as well as a resident of India
- Only persons of Indian nationality and domiciled and normally resident in India are eligible. Candidates who wish to support high-quality, strategic and applied research in India are allowed
INTACH Scholarship Selection Process
Candidates will be shortlisted for Interview on the basis of the information furnished in the Application Form and in the Statement of Purpose written
Candidates who are required to come for the interview will be informed 15 days before the interview.
How to apply for INTACH Scholarship
Candidates cam download the Application Form from website http://heritage.intach.org/research/
In the Application Form, candidates have to fill in the Research Proposal Section. Candidates can use separate A4 sheets to answer the questions asked
Documents to be attached with the Application Form
(a) Research Proposal
(b) Detailed Budge
(c Sample of previous research/ project work;
(d) A set of press clippings (photographs, if applicable);
(e) Two references from people who are familiar with your work (in original);
(f) Proof of educational qualifications (photocopies);
(g) A curriculum vitae
Kindly ensure the at all enclosures are properly attached in the given order while sending the HARD COPY. INTACH makes no provision, financial or otherwise, to support the expenses incurred by you or accompanying family members to attend the interview or on your research project work.
Candidates can also Email the same at email@example.com
For more details visit website: http://heritage.intach.org
INTACH Scholarship Contact
Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage (INTACH),
71 Lodhi Estate,
New Delhi 110003,
Tel: +91 11 24627371