About Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship – IIT Ropar 2019:
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar, offers Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship for Ph.D. degree holders to join as a Post Doctoral Fellow in the various Departments/Centres of IIT Ropar. The fellowship aims to encourage bright minds to carry out research programmes at IIT Ropar.
- The applicant must be a Ph.D. degree holder.
- The candidate must apply within five years after completing his/her Ph.D.
- The candidates who have completed their Ph.D. under the supervision/co-supervision of the faculty members from IIT Ropar can apply for the fellowship after 3 years of completion of their Ph.D. degree.
Awards and benefits:
- The selected candidates will receive a fellowship amount of INR 45,000 to INR 55,000 consolidated (as per the experience and qualification of the applicant).
- The candidates will also be provided with suitable Hostel/Campus accommodation as per IIT norms if requested and if available.
- The candidates will also get an annual contingency grant of INR 1 Lakh for research purposes.
- Permission for either National or International Conference can be given if funds are available in the contingency grant of the concerned doctoral fellow.
- The candidates attending an interview will get the train fare by II AC from their place of residence to IIT Ropar (by shortest route).
How to apply for Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship from IIT Ropar?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click here to download the application form.
Step 2: Fill in all the necessary details in the application form.
Step 3: Attach the required documents.
Step 4: Submit the completed form along with all the documents to the Department/Center in which the candidate intends to join as a Post Doctoral Fellow.
Documents required for the Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship – IIT Ropar 2019:
- Recent passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Proof of thesis submission.
- List of Publications and patents with full references and reprints or photocopies bearing serial numbers corresponding with those in the list.
- A maximum two-page plan of work at IIT Ropar (A4 pages).
- Recommendation letter 1 from the Supervisor.
- Recommendation letter 2.
Terms and Conditions:
The duration of the fellowship is 3 years. However, the fellowship will be renewed every year on the basis of satisfactory performance and the recommendation of the Department.