Indian Council of Agricultural Research ICAR National Talent Scholarship (NTS) is given on the bases of All India Entrance Exam conducted by ICAR, Delhi usually in the month of May every year.
The candidates admitted through the entrance to undergraduate programmes ((B.Sc./B.Tech./B.F.Sc. etc.) in the subjects of Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering, Dairy Technology, Forestry, Food Science, Fishery Sciences, Home Sciences, Sericulture and Agri Marketing Banking & Co-operation) in any Institution not falling in his/ her own home state are eligible for scholarship.
ICAR National Talent Scholarship
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Agricultural Engineering, Dairy Technology, Forestry, Food Science, Fishery Sciences, Home Sciences, Sericulture and Agri Marketing Banking & Co-operation
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- Students on all India basis
ICAR National Talent Scholarship Eligibility
Age: Between 17 and 23 years as on 31st December.
Educational Qualifications: Must have passed and obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate for admission under General, UPS and OBC categories, 40% marks in aggregate for admission under SC, ST and PH categories in 10+2 examination with PCM/PCB/PCMB/PCA/PCH subject combinations. Candidate having compartment/ supplementary in any subject in 10+2 examination is not eligible for admission. Candidate appearing for 10+2 examination can also apply but shall produce 10+2 pass certificate with appropriate % marks during counseling. Pass in English in 10+2 examination is essential for admission in some of the Universities.
A student is eligible for the scholarship provided he/she:-
• Takes up studies in approved courses and takes admission in the Agricultural University located outside their State of domicile.
• Maintains merit and good conduct as certified by Head of the College / University / Institution.
• Does not remain absent without prior permission and does not participate in any agitation/strike etc. during the period.
• Takes up studies on a whole time basis and does not take up any job even on part-time basis.
• Does not accept any other financial assistance/scholarship during the course of undergraduate study.
• Does not leave his/her course of study within one month of the admission otherwise, no scholarship shall be paid to him/her.
• Does not subsequently change the initial subject allocated for which he/she has been awarded the NTS during his studies.
ICAR National Talent Scholarship Examination
There will be one question paper consisting of objective type questions in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Agriculture for Stream -A and Physics, Chemistry and mathematics for Stream- B as per eligibility and choice of the subjects as defined in Information Bulletin. The question paper will be bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
Reservation of Seats There would be reservation of seats to the extent 15% for Scheduled Caste, 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe and 3% for Physically Handicapped candidates in all subjects.
ICAR National Talent Scholarship Scholarship Rates
The National Talent Scholarship (NTS) at the rate of Rs.1,000/- per month shall be available to all undergraduate students admitted in the Agricultural University located outside their State of domicile.
The Scholarship will be awarded initially for a period of one year from the date the student actually takes admission in the Agricultural University as recognized by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) for pursuing undergraduate degree in agriculture and related disciplines with both course work and practice leading to the award of Bachelor’s Degree. The scholarship is renewable for the remaining duration of the undergraduate degree programme subject to his/her maintenance of good academic performance and conduct as specified by the concerned university.
Mode of Payment
• The payment of scholarship shall be made to the Head of the College / Institute who would disburse to the student after verification of required documents.
• The payment of scholarship shall not be made directly to the student.
• The scholarship shall commence from the month a student joins the College / University / Institution and shall continue up to the end of the degree programme.
• The College / University / Institute shall be paid the scholarship in lump sum in advance for a total period of 12 months. The awardee shall, however, get his/her scholarship on a monthly basis at the end of each month and Clear Promotion to the next class and secure an OGPA/CGPA of 7.00 out of 10.00 (6.50/10.00 for SC/ST).
• The scholarship shall be discontinued if the eligible OGPA/CGPA is not maintained at the end of first year of study and no relaxation shall be provided. Any disruption or violation in search engine laws guidelines will result in termination of application. The awardee must clear all papers in each semester. In case, the awardee fails in any paper at any stage the scholarship shall be stopped forthwith. Scholarship will be discontinued if the awardee does not appear in regular examination. No scholarship shall be paid for the period of strike, if any.
The ICAR National Talent Scholarship will be terminated:
• From the date an awardee ceases to be on the roll of the College / University / Institution.
• From the date the sanction of the scholarship expires.
• If the awardee is dropped by the College / University / Institution or indulges in gross acts of indiscipline.
• If awardee does not maintain minimum academic performance specified for continuance of scholarship.
• The joining report of all the students admitted shall be sent to the Council immediately for issue of financial sanction. In case any student has ceased to be on the roll of the institution due to transfer or withdrawal, the amount in his case is to be refunded.
• If an awardee completes / leaves his/her study before expire of the sanction, the Head of College / University / Institution shall immediately inform the Council. An awardee shall not leave the course before its completion without prior approval of the Council. If an awardee leaves without permission, he/she shall not be paid any scholarship amount due to him/her by the College/University/Institute and student would be required to refund the scholarship so far drawn.
• No scholarship will be paid if the student changes discipline or the University.
• In case the student has not joined the Agricultural University or is not continuing in the College / University due to transfer or any other reason, the amount may be returned to the Council immediately indicating the reasons thereof.
Necessary form may be got filled from the students and the fellowship amount may be paid to the awardee on receipt of a revenue stamped receipt out of the funds that are being released to the concerned Agricultural University. The amount would be paid from the date of admission @ Rs.1,000/- per month per student.
ICAR National Talent Scholarship Application Procedure
Sources for Availability of Information Bulletin with Application Form:
(a) The forms can be obtained, in person, on payment by cash from Registrars of all 44 Agricultural Universities or from the specified branches of Syndicate Bank whereas the same can also be obtained from 5 ICAR Institutions by payment through Bank Draft.
(b)Candidates can obtain Information Bulletin with Application Form by sending a written request (on plain paper) along with an Account Payee Bank draft of the amount specified and also an unstamped self-addressed envelope (size 30cm x 25cm). The request should be addressed to: “The Controller of Examinations (Education Division), Room No. 216, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi-110012.”
Downloading Application Form & Information Bulletin: The Application form can also be downloaded from ICAR website (http://www.icar.org.in), take a print-out on A-4 size, good photocopy paper, fill-in as per instructions and submit, along with Bank Draft of amount as specified to the office of Controller of Exams, Education Division, Room No. 216, ICAR, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi-110012.
The A/c payee bank draft should be drawn by the difference between page and post in the favour of “Deputy Director General (Education), ICAR” payable at “New Delhi” and candidate should write the details of his/ her name and address on the back of the Bank Draft. It may be checked that the Bank Draft contains the name of the issuing bank and branch, signature of the issuing authority, amount in words, date of draft etc. clearly. In no case, ICAR will be held responsible for non-receipt of the application and bank draft or delay in postage.
ICAR National Talent Scholarship Contact Address
Indian Council of Agricultural Research,
Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II,
Pusa, New Delhi – 110 012