IAS Bangalore Summer Research Scholarship is provided by IAS Bangalore Science Academy along with Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi and The National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad for Students and Teachers who are studying and teaching in India. The selected students and teachers will have to work with Scientists associated with the above mentioned three Academies during the year.
IAS Bangalore Summer Research Scholarship
- Summer Research Fellowship
- IAS Bangalore Science Academy
- Students in IAS Bangalore Science Academy; Indian National Science Academy- New Delhi ; National Academy of Sciences- Allahabad
IAS Bangalore Summer Research Scholarship Amount
The selected students/teachers will be given appropriate round trip train fare and a monthly fellowship to meet their living expenses at the place of work.
(i) Applicants should be studying in one of the following courses:
- BS / BSc / BVSc / BPharm (II and III years only)
- BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
- MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
- ME / MTech / MCA (I year only)
- (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II/III/IV years only)
- (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
- (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
- Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
(ii) The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above.
(iii) Students doing PhD are not eligible.
(iv) Applicants who have availed the Academies fellowship twice before are not eligible to apply.
IAS Bangalore Summer Research Scholarship Selection Process
The selected students/teachers will be informed along with concurrence of the guide by February-March.
Interested candidates can submit online application form through the three institutes website www.ias.ac.in; www.insaindia.org; www.nasi.org.in
The candidates are required to upload the following along with the application
(i) Sanned copies of mark sheets ((in JPEG format) from class X till last examination
(ii) A write-up (in about 150 – 250 words) as to the specific area of the applicant and indicate what the applicant wants to learn and achieve
(iii) Names of potential guides with whom the applicant would like to work
(iv) The contact details of one of their present teachers or the Head of the Department (HoD) for the Academies to approach them and obtain recommendation letter.
Indian Academy of Sciences,
CV Raman Avenue, Near Mekhri Circle,
Ph.: 2266 1207, 2266 1202, 2266 1221