What is Haryana Scholarship for Sportspersons 2019?
The Sports and Youth Affairs Department, Government of Haryana invites application for Haryana Scholarship for Sportspersons 2019, Haryana from sportspersons of the state. The government will grant cash awards for their sports achievements. The aim of the scholarship is to give a motivational push to these sportspersons and encourage a future in sports.
Who is offering Haryana Scholarship for Sportspersons?
The scholarship is being offered by the Sports and Youth Affairs Department, Government of Haryana.
Who can apply for Haryana Scholarship for Sportspersons?
The following are eligible for the scholarship:
- The applicant should be a domicile of the state of Haryana
- The applicant should be a sportsperson playing for the state of Haryana at the national level
- The applicant should not have played for a state/UT other than Haryana
What are the benefits of Haryana Scholarship for Sportspersons?
The selected applicants will receive variable cash awards. More details about the same can be found here.
How can you apply for Haryana Scholarship for Sportspersons?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Take a print out of the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with the relevant details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form along with all the attached documents by post to the District Sports and Youth Affairs Officer.
What are the documents required for the Haryana Scholarship for Sportspersons 2019?
The following documents need to be attached along with the application:
- Attested copies of sports achievements
- Certificate/documentary proof of having represented Haryana at the national level
- Date of Birth Certificate from Municipal Committee/Matriculation Certificate/Registrar Births & Deaths
- Haryana domicile/resident certificate
- Copy of PAN card
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Copy of bank passbook’s first page showing A/c No. and IFSC Code
Terms and Conditions
- Cash award application will be verified by the National Sports Federations (NSF) under the signature of President or Secretary General of the NSF.
- The scholarship amount will be credited into the Bank account of sportspersons/coaches. Copies of all documents enclosed in support of the application will be self-attested by the sportsperson/coach.
- The Incentive to coach(es) will not apply for team events consisting of two or more players unless at least 50% of the members comprising the team are eligible for cash award under this Scheme.
- Participation money will be paid to eligible sportspersons, wherever applicable, before the commencement of tournament after confirmation of selection by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Application by the eligible sportsperson will be made in the prescribed proforma to the concerned District Sports and Youth Affairs Officer. False information or concealment of material information in the application form by the sportsperson will render him/her ineligible in future for a cash award.
- An appointment under the Haryana Outstanding Sportspersons (Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2018 and issue of Sports Gradation Certificate.
Government of Haryana,
Sector 3, Near Majri Chowk,