Haryana BTech Counselling 2019 will be held by Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) for admissions into Bachelor of Technology courses in the various government, government subsidised and private technical institutions located in the state of Haryana. Almost 85% of the seats are reserved for candidates hailing from the state of Haryana. The scores obtained in the JEE Mains examination will be the main criteria for segregating candidates in the counselling process. The merit list will be formed on the basis of the details provided by the candidates, provided the details provided are accurate. In case, if there are any vacant seats left after the two rounds of the counselling process, the seats will be transferred to their respective institutions.
Important Dates of Haryana BTech Counselling 2019
Candidates who have successfully completed their Mains examination and wish to participate in the Haryana BTech Counselling 2019 process must keep the following dates in mind. Extensions to any of the deadline dates will not be provided under any circumstance. It is in the best interest of the candidate to complete the procedure as soon as the respective date commences.
|Important Events||Respective Dates|
|Declaration of JEE Mains result||April (4th week), 2019|
|Notification of counselling||May (2nd week), 2019|
|Fee payment||May (3rd week), 2019|
|Availability of applications||May (4th week) – June (1st week), 2019|
|Payment of application fees||May (4th week) – June (1st week), 2019|
|Releasing of merit list||June (2nd week), 2019|
|Payment of Counselling Fees||June (3rd week), 2019|
|Haryana BTech 2019 Counselling||June (4th week) – July (3rd week), 2019|
In order to to be eligible for the Haryana BTech 2019 counselling process, aspirants have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria set for them. The eligibility criteria vary f0r Kashmiri Migrants (KM), Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) and Haryana Govt. School Toppers (HGST) candidates. The invitation for counselling card will be sent only to those candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria unless the HSTES says otherwise. The eligibility criteria are:
- The candidates must have completed their 10+2 examination from any of the recognised board.
- Must be citizen of India.
- 85% of the seats will be reserved to candidates of Haryana domicile. Students from rest of India can apply for the remaining 15%.
- Should have secured a minimum of 45% in overall score. For reserved category students, the minimum required score is 42.75%.
- The candidates must have selected any of the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their optional subject. Instead of Chemistry, the third optional subject can be Computer Science, Biotechnology or Biology.
- For Kashmiri Migrants (KM), a separate merit list will be formed. For those candidates, they must hand over a certificate of Migration handed over by a competent authority. Their marks will be calculated by aggregating Maths, Physics, English and any of the following subjects, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology and Biotechnology.
- For Haryana Government School Topper (HGST), the topper will be automatically eligible for a seat in counselling provided they can have the required proof signed by the head of school authority.
- For economically weaker candidates, a special Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) category is formed where candidates under this will get a special reservation in seats, and most of their education fees during the course will be waived by the state government. The TFW counselling will be conducted along with the general counselling.
How to apply for Haryana BTech Counselling 2019
The counselling invite letter will be provided only to those candidates who meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria. It is in the best interest of the candidates to take complete the steps immediately after the required date becomes available. The counselling process will involve filling up of details, payment of fees and selecting the choices of preferred college and seats. The application procedure is shown in various stages. In order to apply for the Haryana BTech counselling 2019, the candidates have to take the following procedure:
Fee payment for counselling:
- Go to the official website of Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES).
- Press on the payment registration link.
- The payment can be done either offline or online mode. For offline mode, the candidates have to pay through bank challan. And for online mode, any of the debit card, credit card or internet banking can be used.
- The counselling fees is ₹500 for students of all categories. The fee paid is non refundable.
- Once the fees for counselling round 1 is made, the candidates don’t have to pay the fees again for second round.
Registration and choice locking:
- After paying the required fees, the candidates can proceed to register themselves for an account.
- Start filling up all the details in the required fields, the candidates must be careful here as the counselling invite letter will be given only to those candidates who have provided full and complete details.
- After completing the the application form, the candidate can then proceed to press the SUBMIT button.
- The page will then redirect to the choice filling form, the candidate have to select their preferred choices in order and have to lock it before the deadline day, otherwise the default choices chosen will be locked on the deadline date.
- There are no limits on the number of choices the candidate can select, thus it is better for the aspirant to select as many possible choices as they wish.
Checking status and allotment of seats,
- To check on the progress of the counselling rounds and the see their status of application, the candidate can login to the portal using the registration number and password provided, and check on the required information.
- Once the seat is confirmed, a provisional allotment letter will be sent to the candidate, the letter will consist of details like, their preferred institute, seat provided and reporting date.
- The candidate then has to report to the institution on the mentioned date along with all the document for verification and 1st semester fees. The documents which the candidates must bring to the institution at the time of reporting has been provided in the section below.
- For second round of counselling, candidates need to apply again for the counselling process. They need not pay the counselling fees again if they paid for the first round.
The candidates must bring the following documents at the time of reporting to the allotted institution. In case of false or incomplete information, the candidate will not be allowed to take the seat, and appropriate legal action will be taken. The documents required are:
- 10th standard school certificate
- 12th standard qualifying certificate
- Aadhar card, for identification.
- Character or conduct certificate.
- Caste certificate, if applicable.
- Resident certificate, for Haryana state domicile students.
- Income certificate, as provided by a competent authority.
- Certificate of anti ragging, as signed by the parent as well as the student.
- Passport sized photograph as attested by the candidate.
Other important details:
The counselling process will be held completely online.
- The counselling process of TFW candidates will be conducted separately and held along with general counselling.
- Only two rounds of counselling will be counselling will be held for of Haryana BTech Counselling 2019.
- The seats left vacant after the second round of counselling will be transferred to the respective institutions to be filled by them. Candidates need not pay the tuition fees again for the second round.
- For General category and TFW admissions the qualifying marks of the Mains examination will be taken. Whereas for the Kashmiri Migrants (KM) and Haryana Government School Topper (HGST) counselling, the qualifying marks of 12th standard board examination will be taken.