What is Fair Trial Scholarship Programme 2019?
Fair Trial Scholarship Programme 2019 is inviting applications from two social work fellows on socio-legal field work for Pune/Nagpur office of the programme supported by Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives (APPI). This is a full-time paid position based in Pune. The selected candidate will be expected to reside within the municipal limits of Pune/Nagpur but may be required to travel frequently to other districts as per programme needs. The maximum period of engagement will be for 3 years and the contract will be renewed on an annual basis. The candidate will receive a fellowship of INR 30,000 per month.
Who is offering Fair Trial Scholarship?
National Law University, Delhi University is offering this fellowship.
Who can apply for Fair Trial Scholarship?
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Have a postgraduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/MSW)
- Have a minimum of one year experience (full time) in intervention work at the grassroots level
- Be proficient in reading, writing and speaking Marathi
- Be able to read, write and speak English
- Be familiar with the use of MS-Office, emails and the internet
- Have prior work experience within institutions in the criminal justice system
What are the benefits of Fair Trial Scholarship?
The selected fellow shall receive fellowship amount of INR 30,000 per month.
How can you apply for Fair Trial Scholarship?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the web page here and read instructions before applying.
Step 2: Compile a resume and statement of purpose in two separate documents and save it as word doc or PDF.
Step 3: Send the document by email to email@example.com with the subject of the e-mail as ‘Application for Fair Trial Fellowship-Social Work Fellow, [mention your location]’.
Terms and Conditions
- National Law University, Delhi is an equal opportunity employer.
- Project 39-A ensures access to legal representation for prisoners regardless of the offence.
- National Law University, Delhi reserves the right to conduct interviews and not fill these positions.
- National Law University, Delhi is unable to cover the costs of attending interviews.
- These positions shall be paid under the grant received under Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiative.
- Interested candidates may send their resume and a statement of purpose (SOP), explaining their interest in working on this programme.
- The statement of purpose must not exceed 700 words.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the selection process which may be held in Pune/Nagpur/Mumbai.
- There will be research as well as a litigation component to the programme.
- The programme will have offices in Pune and Nagpur. The programme staff will comprise two Legal Strategy Co-ordinators, 20 Legal Fellows and 10 Social Work Fellows.
- Intimation regarding dates and venue of selection rounds will be given to the shortlisted candidates only by email.