Scholarships in India | Scholarships for law in India | Scholarships for Engineering in India | Scholarships for Medical in India| Scholarships for Post graduation courses | Scholarships for undergraduate courses
In this blog, AISEE– a platform that provides the scholarship for engineering and medical scholarships for students in India, gives you the complete details about the Fair and Lovely Foundation Scholarship. Find out the eligibility, benefits of scholarship, how to apply, documents required, important dates, and more.
Fair and Lovely Scholarship is a Pan-India corporate scholarship offered by Fair and Lovely Foundation. Fair & Lovely Foundation is a Unilever initiative that aims to empower 5 million women across Asia and Africa through knowledge, skills and career guidance. The Foundation’s programmes include Scholarships for Higher Education, Career Seminars and now, a mobile platform for skilling and career guidance – www.fairandlovelyfoundation.in that is available online and for download via the Google Play store. The Foundation is supported by Fair & Lovely, a leading global skincare brand for women.
The main objective of Fair and Lovely Foundation Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to college going girl students. Since its commencement in 2003, hundreds of girl students have received the benefits of Fair and Lovely Scholarship which amounts to INR 25,000 to INR 50,000. In the year 2018, 55 students selected through the rigorous selection process are to receive Fair and Lovely Foundation Scholarship.
About Fair and Lovely Foundation:
A part of Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), the Fair and Lovely is a leading global skincare brand for women. Fair and Lovely Foundation believes and works towards empowering women through knowledge, skills and career. The Foundation has started several programmes in this direction which includes the Fair and Lovely scholarship scheme, career seminars and mobile platform to provide skills and career guidance.
Brief Details about Fair and Lovely Scholarship:
|1.||Scholarship amount||INR 25,000 to INR 50,000 to each of the 55 selected students|
|2.||Eligibility criteria||Class 12 passed students to postgraduatesCandidates taking coaching classes
Annual family income of INR 6 Lac
Applicants must be 15 to 30 years old.
|3.||Application process||Online application through the Buddy4Study portal|
Benefits of Fair and Lovely Scholarship:
Fair and Lovely Scholarship awards a significant amount to the selected scholars to pursue graduation or post graduation or take coaching classes for certain courses. The detail of the scholarship amount is highlighted below:
- The Fair and Lovely Foundation selects 55 students for the award of Fair and Lovely Scholarship.
- Each selected girl student gets rewarded with a scholarship amount of INR 25,000 to INR 50,000.
Important Dates of Fair and lovely Scholarship:
Though the timeline of Fair and Lovely Scholarship varies from year-to-year. In 2018, the scholarship’s timeline is highlighted below.
- The opening date of Fair and Lovely Scholarship application is 1 September 2018.
- The last date to apply for Fair and Lovely Scholarship 2018 is 15 October 2018.
- The announcement date of shortlisted candidates for telephonic interview is 10 November 2018.
- The finalists can book their slot for telephonic between 12 November to 22 November 2018.
- The telephonic interview will take place between 15 November to 6 December 2018.
- The final result of Fair and Lovely Scholarship winners will be declared during the mid-week of December 2018.
- The scholar onboarding, their documentation, etc. will take place till 15 January 2019.
- The fund will be disbursed among the scholarship winners during the first week of February 2019.
Note: The dates mentioned above are tentative and can be changed as per the situation.
- In order to apply for the scholarship, the interested candidates need to make sure that they fulfill the following Fair and Lovely Scholarship eligibility criteria.
- The applicants must fall within the age group of 15 to 30 years.
- The applicants should be willing to pursue graduation or post graduation from a government-recognized institution in India.
- The candidates must have passed class 12 (Science, Commerce, Arts, Others). They must have secured at least 60% marks in class 10 and 12.
- The candidates must be pursuing the following courses at different levels to be eligible for the scholarship.
At the undergraduate level: BA, B.Sc., B.Com., BE/B.Tech., LLB, BCA, BBA, B.Pharma, B.Arch., MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, BHM, B.P.Ed, B.Ed., B.SL LL.B, BBA LLB, B.Com, LLB
At postgraduate level: MA, M.Sc., M.Com., ME/MTech, LLM, MCA, MBA, M.Pharma, M.Arch, MDS, MHMS, MAMS, MD, MHHM, M.P.Ed, M.Ed, others
Coaching classes: Banking Services, CA-CS-ICWA, CAT-MBA, Civil Services, Government Services, IIT-JEE Engineering, PMT-AIIMS-MBBS, Language-English Communication, etc.
- The applicants’ annual family income from all sources must not be more than INR 6 Lac.
How to Apply for Fair and Lovely Scholarship?
The application process of Fair and Lovely Scholarship is made simple and easy for applicants to understand. Follow the steps highlighted below to apply for the scholarship:
- The candidates can submit their application online.
- The applicants first need to register by using their Gmail, Facebook or any Email ID. Then, a 5-step process needs to be completed in order to fill the Fair and Lovely Scholarship application form and submit it.
Documents to be submitted for Fair and Lovely Scholarship:
There are a few important documents that a candidate must keep with them at the time of filling the Fair and Lovely application form. The required documents are listed below:
- A recent passport size photograph
- ID proof (PAN Card, Voter Identity Card, Driver’s License, Aadhaar Card, Class 10th mark sheet with Photo).
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Age proof
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Proof of family income (Valid documents approved by Government– Income Certificate, IT Return, BPL Card)
- Latest graduation mark sheet
- Latest college fee receipt
- Application letter
Selection Process of Fair and Lovely Scholarship:
During the Fair and Lovely scholarship selection process, the procedures highlighted below are followed.
- Girl candidates need to provide all the necessary details while filling the Fair and Lovely application form.
- The candidates are asked to answer two subjective questions related to themselves only while filling the application form.
- The applicants are then shortlisted on the basis of their submitted application. The candidates receive a percentile ranking based on merit, family income, streams and special criteria such as Physically handicapped, single parent, orphan, etc.
- The shortlisted candidates then go through a telephonic round of interview before the final list of winners is declared.
- An experienced panel of interviewers conduct the telephonic interviews for about 10 to 15 minutes in English, Hindi or in a South Indian language. The interview questions are decided in consultation with HUL team.
- A list of top candidates is prepared on the basis of their performance in the interview round.
- The final selection of winners is done by the HUL scholarship team.
The final result of the Fair and Lovely Scholarship is generally announced after one month of the telephonic interview round. In the year 2018, the list of winners is supposed to be declared in the month of December.
Fair and Lovely Foundation Contact details:
In case of any query regarding the Fair and Lovely Scholarship, the applicants can send their questions to the address mentioned below.
- Stellar IT Park, Tower–1,
Ground Floor, Office No. 8, 9 & 10,
C – 25, Sector – 62,
Noida – 201301, India
- Call on: +91-85274 84563