What is British Council 70th Year Scholarship?
British Council 70th Year Scholarship programme by inviting Women Applicants of Master’s STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) courses at British Universities to participate in scholarship programme. The scholarship covers complete tuition fees for the 70 selected women scholars, for the academic year 2019-20.
Who is offering British Council 70th Year Scholarship?
British Council is a cultural and academic relationships organization for cross country opportunities. It works in India and other countries to provide academic and professional platforms of collaboration. They also manage many other prestigious scholarships like Charles Wallace Scholarships and Commonwealth Scholarships.
Who can apply for British Council 70th Year Scholarship?
All applicants are required to follow the given criteria for application:-
- Should be accepted for Master’s courses at a certified UK University
- Should be enrolled for One Year master’s program starting September/October 2019
- Must be a female Indian applicant with a valid passport
- Must have exemplary academic records to showcase
What are the benefits of British Council 70th Year Scholarship?
Complete tuition fee waiver for Master’s studies in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Courses.
How can you apply for British Council 70th Year Scholarship?
Eligible candidates can apply for the program through the following steps:
Step 1: Check with the dedicated UK University’s Scholarship or Academic Administration for eligibility
Step 2: Request the university to proceed with the nomination for the British Council 70th Year Scholarships 2019-20
Step 3: University will provide the eligible applicant with an application form for the scholarship
Step 4: Submit the completed application form before the application deadline
Step 5: If shortlisted, the candidate will be requested to submit relevant documents
Step 6: Post verification, the final decisions will be made by British Council dedicated officials
What are the important dates of British Council 70th Year Scholarship?
Application Deadline: 31st January 2019
Terms and Conditions of British Council 70th Year Scholarship
- Selected scholars cannot accept any additional funding towards tuition that will be covered by the British Council India 70th year Scholarships.
- The Scholarship does not cover travel and accommodation expenses.
- Selected candidates will need to participate in all training, professional development and networking opportunities provided by the British Council in India and the UK
- Scholars will return to India as brand ambassadors of British Council and will have to act as so
- In exceptional conditions, if a request for a course change is made, it will need to be within the STEM field of study and no additional payments will be made by the British Council towards higher tuition costs.