The Asha-Shree Endowment trust was established by Mrs. Asha in memory of her husband, Shreeram Tryambak Godbole. Shreeram Godbole was a teacher devoted to all-round development of his students and founded Asha Shree Endowment Scholarship. The Asha-Shree Endowment trust is registered in Maharashtra, India and works for the welfare of the students in need of financial support to continue their education.
Asha Shree Endowment Scholarship
- Any Course
- UG/ PG
- Asha-Shree Endowment trust, Mumbai
- Economically underprivileged students in India
The trust is based on the following principles:
- Opening portals of knowledge to the most underprivileged human being is basic to the formation of a cohesive and stable society.
- A person educated and well reared in all civic qualities will have the awareness and the mind to try for the betterment of the whole society.
- Any aspiring and deserving person must not be denied educational opportunities for a lack of finances.
- Research of social interest, even of little commercial value should not be stalled due to financial restraints.
- It is essential to inculcate the value of help, in time and within means of an individual.
Asha Shree Endowment Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The Asha-Shree Endowment offers scholarships to economically underprivileged students in India. Applicants must be currently enrolled in one of the following, in India, solely based on merit:
- Graduate or post-graduate professional courses (Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, Law, etc.)
- Post-graduate courses in other disciplines
- Post-doctoral research projects of social and community interest
A scholarship of Rs. 30,000 per year is awarded to a beneficiary for the entire duration of a course. The continuation of a scholarship is contingent upon an outstanding performance by the beneficiary in each semester. Up to 6 new students are selected every year.
Since its establishment in 1998, the endowment has helped 20 deserving students in completing multiple years of their education in various fields including Science, Arts, Architecture, and Design. The endowment has also supported doctoral projects.
On a case-by-case basis, educational institutes and other social and charitable organizations have also received donations from the endowment for their special educational projects.
Asha Shree Endowment Scholarship Application & Selection
Asha-Shree Endowment accepts online applications only. Applicants shall fill and submit the electronic form.
Online applications will be scrutinized, and only selected applicants will be asked to submit attested copies of mark sheets and certificates for verification.
Upon verification of information submitted online, each eligible student will be invited for an interview. Interview will be with a panel of experts who will select the scholarship awardees.
The scholarship awardees will be notified by the Asha-Shree Endowment.
The scholarship amount will be handed over in two instalments, in December and June of every year.